According to a report from Red Dot Forum by Leica Store Miami, Leica will increase the price of most of its products in the US starting May 1st. The site has published a list of the 66 products that will become more expensive next month, which includes most Leica M cameras and nearly all M lenses—for example, the Leica M10 with chrome finish will increase in price by $400, from $6,895 to $7,295.
You can check out the full list here, but according to the report you’ll pay:
- $200 to $500 more for Leica M cameras
- $100 to $600 more for Leica M lenses
- $100 to $200 more for Leica S lenses
- $45 to $245 more for Leica APS-C gear
- $245 more for the Leica Q (Typ 116) black anodized model
- $200 more for the Leica X-U (Typ 113)
- and a whopping $1,045 more for the Leica S (Typ 007), which will now cost $19,995.
Per Red Dot Forum’s report, orders placed by April 30th will honor the current, lower prices—that includes items that won’t be in stock until May 1st or later. If you’re in the US and are interesting in purchasing a Leica product, you can browse the full list of affected products here.