DJI has unveiled its newest drone, the Mavic Air, at an event in New York City. The Mavic Air combines many of the enthusiast-oriented features found on the company’s popular Mavic Pro line of drones with a compact form fact similar to the company’s Spark model.
Key features include:
- A 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor and new Image Processor
- 3-axis gimbal*
- Full HD up to 120fps
- 32-megapixel spherical panorama mode
- HDR capture mode
- 8GB internal storage in addition to MicroSD card
- Foldable legs with integrated antenna
- Improved ActiveTrack technology
- Obstacle-avoidance sensors in the front, back, and bottom
- Visual positioning system for better control, hovering and indoor flying
- 21-minute flight time
- USB-C port
- Available in white, black and red
Although some drone users may be disappointed with the 21-minute flight time, we suspect it’s a necessary tradeoff in order to achieve the Mavic Air’s compact size, and still 5 minutes more than you’ll get from the Spark.
Editor’s note: This story is developing, refresh for updates.